- A good leader has an exemplary character. It is of utmost importance that a leader
is trustworthy to lead others. A leader needs to be trusted and be known to live
their life with honestly and integrity. A good leader “walks the talk” and in doing
so earns the right to have responsibility for others. True authority is born from
respect for the good character and trustworthiness of the person who leads.
- A good leader is enthusiastic about their work or cause and also about their role
as leader. People will respond more openly to a person of passion and dedication.
Leaders need to be able to be a source of inspiration, and be a motivator towards
the required action or cause. Although the responsibilities and roles of a leader
may be different, the leader needs to be seen to be part of the team working towards
the goal. This kind of leader will not be afraid to roll up their sleeves and get
- A good leader is confident. In order to lead and set direction a leader needs to
appear confident as a person and in the leadership role. Such a person inspires
confidence in others and draws out the trust and best efforts of the team to complete
the task well. A leader who conveys confidence towards the proposed objective inspires
the best effort from team members.
- A leader also needs to function in an orderly and purposeful manner in situations
of uncertainty. People look to the leader during times of uncertainty and unfamiliarity
and find reassurance and security when the leader portrays confidence and a positive
- Good leaders are tolerant of ambiguity and remain calm, composed and steadfast to
the main purpose. Storms, emotions, and crises come and go and a good leader takes
these as part of the journey and keeps a cool head.
- A good leader as well as keeping the main goal in focus is able to think analytically.
Not only does a good leader view a situation as a whole, but is able to break it
down into sub parts for closer inspection. Not only is the goal in view but a good
leader can break it down into manageable steps and make progress towards it.
- A good leader is committed to excellence. Second best does not lead to success. The good leader not only maintains high standards, but also is proactive in raising the bar in order to achieve excellence in all areas.
Saturday, February 25, 2012
Seven Personal Qualities Found In A Good Leader
Seven Personal Qualities Found In A Good Leader:
Posted by ksrct library at 1:04 AM
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.